Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Community Trail

I have been living in Gunnison for a month now and I have fell love with just about everything there is to do here whether it’s hiking, biking, boating, skiing, and the list goes on forever. One of the first things I discovered here was a running/biking trail starting right behind the apartment complex I am living in. 
At first, I just used the trail for running because of its scenery and peacefulness. It didn’t take me long to discover that the trail had a lot more to offer. The trail is cut between several farms and runs along creeks and rivers.  Across the water you can see old rusty 1950's cars, herds of cattle and horses, and even an elk farm.  As you look into the distance all you can see is trees, mountains, and blue sky. Along the trail are work out stations put up and maintained by the Gunnison Community Schools. They range from helping you in stretching to doing chin-ups on a pull-up bar. This trail also includes a disc golf course and a mini dirt bike course as well. As awesome as this trail sounds you might have guessed that this is a busy trail, it is, but in a good way. Everyone that I have met on the trail is extremely friendly; at the very least you get a smile and a hello or good morning/afternoon. You might even get lucky and see people flying kite and model planes.

No comments:

Post a Comment